Coconut Choc Fudge
It is so great to make delicious recipes the whole family enjoys. Better nutrition for everyone’s health with
no processed sugar, no dairy, no meat, no manufactured sauces. Use organic food where possible, your body will thank you.
- ½ cup of Organic Desiccated Coconut or Coconut Flakes
- ½ cup of Sultanas or finely chopped pitted Dates – use scissors to cut each date 5-6 times for a good sweetness
- ¼ cup of crushed brazil/hazelnuts/almonds – Place between a folded cloth – I use a small hammer to crush the nuts
- 120 ml of Melted Organic Virgin Coconut oil – sit a cup of coconut oil in a bowl of hot water to melt
- Between 1-1.5 slightly heaped teaspoons of Cacao Powder – More if you want it stronger
Microwaves are not used for my awareness as they deplete food nutrition, & for healthcare it is vital we receive all the beneficial nutrients
- Mix all the ingredients into a small to medium flat square or rectangle Tupperware, measurements approximately used were a rectangle plastic container 23cm x 16cm. Use any flat container around that size or smaller
- Place it in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour on a flat surface. Take it out of the freezer and leave it to rest for a few minutes. Tip it out onto a board then break it up or use a knife to cut it into pieces
Place it in a nice dish and keep it in the fridge
Enjoy a piece or like me 3! Great to snack on from the fridge
Enjoy it cold from the fridge but let it sit at room temperature for a approximately a few minutes or more before eating as it brings out more flavours
Joanne’s Tip – Use organic ingredients when possible – When using pitted dates, cut each one 5-6 times at least for maximum sweetness. Worth the extra time.
If using pitted dates anytime for cooking check each one for stones as I have found some dates still have little stones in them.
When you decide to withdraw from processed/artificial sugar it is advised not to have anything else with processed sugars as you will not get the true taste of natural sugar recipes that we have created